Beachbody Success Club Trips: 2015 Cancun Mexico Recap by ELITE Coach Seay Stanford Being a Beachbody coach isn't always about eating a strict diet of healthy foods and working out obsessively (which is apparent by these pictures!), despite popular opinion. While the company certainly advocates physical fitness and health, Beachbody does much more than just provide exercise DVDs and nutrition guides. The company and its leaders are gratefully generous and work to enrich the lives of coaches, in several ways, including trips for Success Club members.
Neil and I just got back from an Ah-mazing vacation in Cancun, ALL EXPENSES PAID, due to my involvement with the company. We were hosted at the Moon Palace resort, reserved exclusively for Beachbody coaches April 13-19. Beachbody offers rewards trips like these, every Spring, not only as an incentive to work harder to change more lives, but as a reward for helping others change theirs. The Beachbody coaches who were invited on the trip not only worked hard to improve their own health and lifestyles, but they have also impacted exponentially more with their inspiration and motivation.
A lot of people ask me what a Success Club trip is like, so I decided to give you a little sneak peak of what our vacation consisted of:
- Deep Sea Fishing: We got a chance to go out and reel in some really big fish. We went with my Success Club partner Lindsey Westbrook and her husband, Nick, as well as Matt Mitro, Joe Hargrave and Dustin Bozzo. Excursions are such a great opportunity to build (or nurture) relationships with others in the company while taking in some FUN activities. Not so much fun for Neil though- he got so sea sick that he didn't even want WINE!
- Welcome Party: This. Was. Awesome! (Ok, what wasn't awesome on this trip? Seriously, though -- this was really cool!) Mayan tribal dancers greeted a sea of 3,000 coaches. The first Success Club Welcome Party I attended back in 2012 in the Bahamas had 1,200 coaches. The company has grown so much! The event was the first time that many of the members of the Refinery (my team) have gotten together. The night was kid-friendly, so it was fun getting a chance to meet everyone's families and children.
- The Massage: I have made it my tradition to reward my newest diamond coaches who have maintained their rank and Success Club points on the trip with a massage. It was an opportunity to hang out, catch up and just have "girl time." Becky Hilty had never had a massage before and came out saying, "Now, I see what all the hype is about! That was pretty badass!" This business is such a gift...and it allows me to give back to my team and provide them with experiences that they may not have otherwise had the chance to experience. I love showing my appreciation to my team. After the massage, we all just hung out in the hot tub.
- Scuba Diving: The guys went scuba diving while the girls were getting their massages. They got two hours to learn the basics and then went a couple miles off shore to dive. It gave them a chance to break away from the wives and do some male bonding. When you're on vacation with your family, it's not usually an option to break away and do your own thing. But, these trips provide some great opportunities to explore your individuality, too.
- Meeting Celebrity Trainers: The cool thing about celebrity trainers on these trips is that they are there mingling with everyone. They are in the mix and very involved with the activities and events. Jen Valencia got to meet "the man," himself: Tony Horton. We were just coming back from the pool, wet from a swim and we ran across him. She didn't care -- she got her picture taken with him. And, he was more than happy to pose with her. For Jen, this was a major event. She did P90X long before she met her husband. It was what got her healthy and involved in Beachbody, in the very first place.
- Product Launches: Each major Beachbody event or trip involves the launching of a new product, so attending coaches are the first to know! Details are still forthcoming, but Shaun T announced a new program called CIZE. This brand new fitness program isn't about doing push-ups or jumping. It's about moving to the beat. Shaun T says that you'll be so focused on mastering the moves, you won't even have noticed that the 35 minute workout is over! Also -- be watching for the Beachbody Performance line of supplements. The line includes a pre-workout shot, another to take during the workout to keep you hydrated, a recovery shot for after a workout and a nighttime shot that helps to recover and recharge. It also includes Creatine, which will help enhance performance and muscle development even further. This supplement line was developed with a partnership between Beachbody experts and Harvard-trained scientists to incorporate plant-based ingredients that will maximize performance and enhance recovery for more extreme athletes. These are cleaner, better products than what are currently on the market.
- Shakeology Presentation: Beachbody definitely recognizes its own as experts. I got the chance to speak about the benefits of Shakeology for an hour to nearly 300 people. I was "wowed" that they took time out from the pool and beach to listen to my presentation and learn how to better themselves and their businesses. I got to promote the #1 product for people (in my opinion) and explain how this single product can enhance a coach's business. Beachbody entrusted me to do the presentation completely my way, and it was so flattering and humbling to know they had so much faith in me. Simply, it just felt really good.
- Elite Party: Saved for just the elite coaches, this was a VIP party where I got to mingle more easily with the Beachbody execs, celebrity trainers and other coaches and leaders in the company. It was held on the beach, with food, drinks and music. It was beautiful and so much fun! But, the thing that really stands out about it was that it was a group of like-minded people who are the rock-star coaches of the company. They are all coaching full time and focus on it as their careers. Getting that face-to-face time was really amazing.
- One-on-one Time: I got an afternoon to just spend some alone time with my husband. We walked the beach and just spent time together. When you're on a trip like this one, it's nice to get a chance to escape the sea of people and the chaos of the event to just be with the person who supports you in all of it. We connected, just the two of us, and it was nice to get to do that.
- Refinery Party: A totally awesome time was had by all! This was our chance to get to meet and get to know other coaches that we may only see in a little box on a Zoom Call the rest of the year. It was like a family reunion; people were there with their kids and families. It was such a GREAT chance to reconnect with the team, even amidst all of the activities of the trip. It's so amazing, too, that people you haven't even met become such important people in your life due to this business. It was such a warm and wonderful party -- and, all of these friendships are brought about by Beachbody.
If I could say anything about this trip it is that it wasn't just a reward for my hard work. It was a way that Beachbody gives back for the efforts of each coach. And, it lends to the overall mission of Beachbody to improve wellness through positivity. I think every person who was in Cancun brought a positive attitude and takes that with them in the world wherever they are. Beachbody is about improving lives, not just through working out or eating right. It's about
enriching the soul and allowing people to reach for their dreams.
Want to know more about what Beachbody Coaching is all about? Let's chat! I have trainings that start on the first of every month! CLICK HERE FOR MY APPLICATION