Body Beast Turkey Chili Recipe
-from the Body Beast cookbook
1 tea olive oil
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey meat
1 med white onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tea ground cumin
1 TBL chili powder
1/2 tea salt
1/4 tea cayenne pepper
1 15 oz can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can tomato sauce (non-sugar added)
2 TBL chopped fresh parsley
1) Heat oil in large saucepan over med/high heat. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper and garlic.
2) Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
3) Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stir and cook another minute.
4) Stir in kidney beans and tomato sauce; bring to a boil
5) Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
6) Serve warm sprinkled with parsley.
Variations: Substitute ground diced chicken or turkey for turkey. Add garbanzo beans and organic corn for additional texture and flavor. Add a diced jalapeno pepper.