21 Day FIX Lunch Recipes
The 21 Day Fix Lunch Recipes
There really is no “diet” on the 21 Day Fix. It’s truly a LIFESTYLE of quality and quantity. The program uses a color coded system of containers and a Shakeology Shaker Cup to give you perfect portion control every time with zero mistakes. NO MORE MEASURING and COUNTING! If it fits in the container, you can eat it, and you’ll lose weight. One of the most common assumptions is that you get only ONE colored container a day. Nope! Through a certain calculation, you are assigned a certain amount of containers throughout the day. And you will be surprised- it’s A LOT!
- Green Container: For vegetables
- Purple Container: For fruits
- Red Container: For proteins
- Yellow Container: For carbohydrates
- Blue Container: For healthy fats and cheeses
- 2 Orange Containers: seeds and dressings
- Shakeology Cup: For mixing your dense vitamins a probiotics
English Muffin Mini Pizzas
Makes 1 serving, may be multiplied
21 Day Fix Portion: 2 Yellows, 1 Purple, 1 Blue
- 2 whole wheat English muffins (if you can look for the 100 calories or less ones)
- 1 purple of sauce (You can use homemade or store bought. If you are using store bought, try to use organic with no added sugar)
- 1 blue container of mozzarella cheese
- Seasoning of your choice (oregano, salt, pepper, etc.)
Directions 1. Split English muffins and place in the oven at 350 degrees until toasted. (Or, you can toast them in a regular toaster or toaster oven.) 2. Divide sauce evenly among the four halves. 3. Divide cheese evenly among the four halves. 4. Top with seasoning of your choice. 5. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
Add other toppings for family members or self, if you have extra containers. Other topping ideas include: mushrooms, onions, peppers, ground turkey, ground turkey sausage, turkey bacon, chicken, etc.)
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Makes 1 serving
21 Day Fix Portion: 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue
- 1 yellow worth of wraps (I prefer one large wrap instead of two smaller ones, but you can do either one!)
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- Frank's Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce (Be sure you're getting that and not the kind that says "Wings" because that one's not a free food. Or you could get any sauce you want if it's approved in the book)
- 1 blue container cheese
- Shred or cut it up chicken breast.
- Mix the chicken pieces and the sauce.
- Fill your wrap with the mixture.
- Add cheese.
- Warm the wrap on the grill, griddle, skillet, Panini maker or other warming device until cheese is melted and shell is toasted.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Strips
Makes 2 servings (3 chicken strips each)
21 Day Fix Portion: (per 3 chicken strips) 1 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1 Red
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 blue containers of pecans
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- In a food processor, finely chop bread and pecans (until you get the consistency of breadcrumbs)
- Slice chicken breast into 6 strips
- Combine Dijon mustard and honey in a shallow dish
- Coat each chicken strip in honey-mustard mixture, then roll in pecan-breadcrumb mixture
- Take a cooling rack (like that you would use to cool cookies) and place that inside a cookie sheet. Place chicken strips on rack and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes
- Serve alongside vegetables or add to your favorite salad
Serving size: 1 Red Container
21 Day Fix Portion: 1 Red, 1/2 Green, 1 Yellow
- 2 1/2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c + 1 T plain Green yogurt
- Pita pocket
- 1/2 cup raw kale
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Put serving into a pita pocket, along with kale and mustard.
Consider serving with a side of veggies.
Makes 10 burgers
21 Day Fix Portion: 1/2 Green, 1 Yellow (or 1 Red for vegans), 1/2 Orange, 1/3 Blue, 1/2 tsp
You can round out the other 1/2 Green and 2/3 Blue with lettuce, tomato and avocado
- 1/2 lb dried lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, gills and stems removed, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup vital wheat gluten (can also use whole wheat flour)
- Rinse the lentils and cook in the water until they are tender and water is absorbed, about 30-35 minutes.
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add the mushrooms and garlic; fry until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste, salt, thyme and black pepper. Let fry for a few minutes. Stir in walnuts and let toast. Slowly add wine, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. Stir in the lentils.
- Remove from heat and stir in flax seed and vital wheat gluten. Keep stirring to strengthen the gluten and get the burgers chewy. Form into 10 patties and refrigerate for an hour. You can freeze them now to cook later, or preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal and arrange patties on the pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then fry in a pan on medium heat with a little oil for 2 minutes per side. If you just want to fry them without baking, lower the heat and fry for 3-4 minutes per side.
Chicken Baked Sweet Potatoes
Makes 6 servings
21 Day Fix Portion: 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3/4 pound (about 2 small) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 3 whole chipotle peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 (half a 10oz bag) cups spinach
- 5 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place your chicken in a baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven with the potatoes and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Shred the chicken with a fork or your hands.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, cut them in half and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and wilt the spinach (this can also be done in the microwave). Toss the spinach and shredded chicken together, set aside and keep warm.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own (reserve the remaining flesh for another use later) and place in a baking dish. Brush the skins with a little of the chipotle sauce and bake for 5-10 minutes, until nice and crisp.
- While the skins bake, mix the spinach, chicken and chipotle sauce together. Remove skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and Greek yogurt, if desired.
Entire BBQ Lunch Menu
Serving size: 1 cup
21 Day Fix Portion: 1 Green, 1 Orange
- 1 bag of coleslaw salad mix
- 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 2 TBS Dijon Mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Whisk together the ACV, Maple Syrup, canola oil, Dijon mustard and pepper.
- Add the coleslaw salad mix to the wet mixture and toss together
- Let it set up in the fridge before serving.
21 Day Fix Pulled Pork
Servings size: 1 cup
21 Day Fix Portion: 1 Red
- 1 Pound of Boston Butt (or Pork shoulder)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of organic low sodium chicken broth
- Seasonings such as pepper, ground mustard, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- In a large crock pot, place chopped onions and chicken broth in the bottom of the pot.
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl. Rub them on the pork.
- Place the pork, fat side down, into the crock pot on top of the onions.
- Cook on the low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Take the pork out of the crock pot and place on a plate. Pull the pork apart using a fork. It should shred nicely. You can keep it warm in the oven if you are not ready to serve it immediately. Just cover it with aluminum foil and place in an oven set to 250 degrees F.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp.
21 Day Fix Portion: 1/4 Green, 1 Orange
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small sauce pan over low heat
- Heat to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes until thick
- Let cool before serving
Sweet Potato Patty "Buns"
Serving Size: 4 rounds
21 Day Fix Portion: 1 Yellow
- 1 sweet potato -- the fatter, the better!
- Cooking spray
- Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning
- Cut the sweet potato into 1/4 inch thick round slices
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking pan
- Spray the top layer with cooking spray then sprinkle Mrs. Dash & Cinnamon on top
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes
- Turn over, and spray the other side with cooking spray. Season.
- Bake for another 15 minutes
Use as a substitute for buns.