Even though they sound like an unhealthy happy hour snack, these Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are 100 percent delicious and healthy.
Each mushroom is filled with a mixture of finely chopped mushrooms, onion, and creamy ricotta, and topped with a sprinkling of mozzarella that bakes to a beautiful golden brown. Garlic and crushed red pepper amp up the flavor.
It’s hard to believe these stuffed mushrooms are only 25 calories each!
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
With all of their golden, baked cheesy goodness, it's hard to imagine these are less than 30 calories a piece.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 32 mins
Total Time 47 mins
Servings 12 Servings, 2 Mushrooms Each
Calories 51 kcal
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 24 large mushrooms cleaned, stems removed and finely chopped
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cups raw baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt or Himalayan salt to taste; optional
- ground black pepper to taste; optional
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushroom stems, onion, and spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
Add garlic, red pepper, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add ricotta cheese; mix well.
Evenly fill mushrooms with spinach mixture.
Place mushrooms on large baking sheet. Evenly top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly.